Transsexual Anonymous

From transsexual to recovering sex addict: a different approach to gender dysphoria

Welcome to my website. I’m a transgender fantasy addict. I’ve created this site to share a message drawn from my personal experience – one that may not be relevant to very many people, but which I hope may be of life-changing, even life-saving, significance to those few.

In a nutshell, my story is this:

For anyone who identifies with my experience, my message is: THERE IS HOPE!

I suggest beginning by reading my story (link here). Then this link will take you to a guide through the rest of the material here.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Promises: three special promises for transgender fantasy addicts

‘The Promises’ is a beautiful passage from the book ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ which has been adopted by all 12-Step fellowships. It is often read out near the end of a meeting. Read it here.

My experience and hope suggest three things which can be said about the particular ways in which the Promises will be fulfilled for those of us recovering from transgender fantasy addiction:-

  • We will learn to cherish our bodies unconditionally as gifts from a loving God.

  • We will come to accept our personalities as a unique mix of masculine and feminine and value both aspects, and we will not feel that we need to change our bodies or gender identities in order to express our true selves.

  • We will find in loving relationships with other human beings a joy we could never know while our sexuality was obsessively focussed on fantasy and on our own bodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home